Reiki Level 1 Training with Kaylene Shannon
September 24 @ 1:30 pm - 6:00 pm| $150
Reiki is an ancient Japanese healing tradition that has been successfully used the world over for all types of healing and has been proven to significantly reduce stress and enhance relaxation. It is also used to promote healing of emotional, physical and energetic imbalances by balancing the flow of life force energy within an individual.
Reiki 1 is easy to learn and available to anyone who is interested. Workshop participants will learn to practice Reiki upon themselves, friends, family and pets and may also offer Reiki in volunteer settings if desired.
The training will consist of:
- Exploration of the origin and history of Reiki
- In-depth discussion of the principals and precepts of the tradition as a healing modality and as a method of personal growth
- Reiki attunement (energy activation for the practitioner)
- Lots of experiential practice using the 12 basic hand positions
- Meditation and visualization exercises using Reiki energy
- Course handbook
- Healing gemstone
- The Original Reiki Handbook of Dr. Mikao Usui by Mikao Usui and Christine M. Grimm
- Reiki for Dummies by Nina L. Paul
- Blank Notebook & Pen
Kaylene Shannon has been a yoga teacher in the Chicago suburbs for the past 12 years. Her deep exploration of the work and practice of yoga eventually led her to the discovery of Reiki, completing all four levels of Reiki masterhood. She currently teaches prenatal yoga, kids yoga, beginner yoga, yin yoga and hot yoga. She also provides Reiki services and all levels of Reiki training.
Kaylene taught in the public schools for ten years after earning her Master’s degree in education and is the author of a children’s book, The Light Inside (available on Amazon).